i was pretty excited about it, because.. well.. i’m LAZY when it comes to cooking… so i figured a crock pot was PERFECT. just toss it all in, leave it, scoop it out later! after flipping through a few pages i found a recipe with 0 bizarre ingredients, didn’t take five hours && sounded delicious.. spinach spoon bread!
what you’ll need:
- 1 package (10 onces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed && squeeze dried.
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cottage cheese (i used low fat)
- 1 package (51/2 ounces) cornbread mix (i used a honey flavor-yum!)
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt. (i used a nice couple hundred shakes of tony chachere’s!)
- coat crock-pot with nonstick cooking spray, preheat on high. (i used light olive oil)
- combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix well.
- pour batter into pre-heated crock-pot. cook, covered with lid slightly ajar to allow excess moisture to escape, on low 3-4 hours OR on high 1 3/4 – 2 hours, or until edges are golden and knife inserted in center of bread comes out clean. (for those of you at altitude, i cooked it on high for 1 hr & 50 mins)
- loosen edges and bottom with knife & invert onto plate. cut into wedges to serve. or serve bread spooned.