January was a BUSY month for us, it flew by! I set a FEW goals for myself.
Running & Fitness
- Join a gym or yoga studio. We joined Lifetime Fitness!
- Run 3m 1/2 Marathon like a boss. I set a new PR by 8+ mins.
- Hit my race weight of 128. Well. I didn’t hit it EXACTLY. But made some progress..
hey, those 2.6 lbs took some work!
- Read a book every week. Bahaha. I have to call this a success because I read 3 books. Which is A LOT for me. Considering it took me like 6 stinkin’ months to read the last book I read. I read the The Hunger Games series. PUMPED FOR THE MOVIE. Book one was THE BEST (to me) book two was my least favorite.
- Photo a day challenge. Success!
As far as mileage goes I hit 170 miles for the month!
Running & Fitness
- Run my first sub 7 minute mile. No no no. Not just like hop on the treadmill and run it… pretty positive I can do that. But do it during the middle of a track work out.
- Set up an appointment and get in a session with the personal trainer. Then actually DO the workouts he gives us twice a week.
- Yoga twice a week.
- Race weight 128.
*side note* the whole me hitting race weight BEFORE the race actually gets here is kind of a big deal because I have to get my wedding dress taken in/altered, so I want to be as close as humanly possible. our wedding is two weeks after colorado marathon. i’d def like to pass on the “it doesn’t fit” dress melt downs.
- Month long skin challenge! Thanks to Laura’s suggestion I recently purchased a bottle of Philosphy’s “turbo booster c powder”! I’ve used it a few times & can definitely see a difference already. However, with this once a day and exfoliating twice a week, I’m quite hopeful my skin could literally GLOW by the end of the month. fyi: my face is NOT a fan of the Colorado elements! So, we’ll see how that goes!
my fresh face revealing some mega unhappy skin!
Do ONE DIY project && no, it will not be wedding related. ; )
What goal of your own are you most excited about meeting for February?